A respected supplier of IVD solutions is seeking a talented technical specialist to join their growing team. This is the ideal role for a methodical trouble-shooter who is ready to get stuck in, training customers and colleagues on a wide range of scientific products.
This Oxford-based diagnostics company is the proud supplier of innovative, integrated in-vitro diagnostic solutions based on immunoassays and molecular diagnostics. The business is a trusted provider of quality diagnostic products for clinical, research and industrial laboratories.
As a technical specialist, you’ll provide first-line technical support to customers and colleagues, responding to telephone and email enquiries, as well as visiting customers on site. To support the sales team, you’ll demonstrate the products to customers both virtually and in-person, and train the sales team on the product functions, ensuring they are well equipped to provide the best service to customers.
Additionally, your responsibilities will include:
- Providing cover for installation, breakdown and preventative maintenance, meeting department targets on time
- Assisting with projects, managing service contracts and tenders as required
- Ensuring product training materials are up to date for use both in-house and with customer and updating the company Technical Library
- Investigating and resolving customer complaints in a timely manner and liaising with relevant suppliers
- Sharing customer feedback with sales and marketing personnel, including information required for MSC reports
As an experienced technical support specialist, you’ll be an expert at getting customers up and running with their laboratory products. With a few years of experience in this type of role, you’ll be confident resolving customer queries via phone and email.
We’d also love you to have:
- An academic degree in biomedical or life sciences, with 2+ years of related industry experience
- A proactive attitude. You’ll be an individual who takes initiative, while being a team player
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy in your work
- Logical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Skilled in IT and a great communicator
The benefits of working for our client
This growing company is going from strength to strength. You’ll be welcomed into the team with benefits including:
- A salary of £35,000
- 25 days’ annual leave, plus public holidays
- Excellent pension scheme and access to other benefits, such as discounted private health
If you’d like to apply, please use our careers website. If you would like more information about this opportunity, please contact Lily Godec (firstname.lastname@example.org).